Beacon of hope strives making an endearing call
When coldness of thy rulers numb heart n soul
The echoes of chant give chill to the bones
Yelling screams of passion during night fall
Irony of time melting stone-hearts to whimper.
A making of those who surmount tide n thunder…
Bewilderment in heart, having a mind with wonder..
A warmth of smile forcing captivator to surrender!
– Dedicated to current times…
May we all rise against tyranny, contemplating and acting – seeing through the lies.
Inspiration: Poet and philosopher Allama Iqbal. This November 9, 2013 is his 136th birthday anniversary. If someone asks to name 3 poets that never cease to amaze, and always have poems so deep that they captivate you and work on multiple levels, answer would be: Rumi, Ghalib and Iqbal.
Previously posted on my Facebook profile.
- Iqbal,Eagle and me (neverlamentcasually.wordpress.com)
- Allama Iqbal, the best poet. (ayeshashaukat96.wordpress.com)
- Faith, Unity, Discipline (alisohani.wordpress.com)
- The great refuges: Suppression – a classical conditioning; Censorship – an indispensable tool (alisohani.wordpress.com)
- Who Was Iqbal? (socialmediaofyouth.wordpress.com)
- 9 November: Iqbal Day (ahmadjalalofficial.wordpress.com)